Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What, It Was About Me?!

So, in the age of crazy hormones and desire for a forever companion,

we are enveloped in problems about relationships. "Love" relationships - infatuation.
Thus, comes the job of those who are asked to offer advice - But have you ever felt like you're giving advice to a problem that specifically involves you? Because of that tugging feeling that the subject of the dilemma may revolve around you, being the advice-giver, you have the power to maneuver someone's decisions in a certain direction. A biased piece of advice, I suppose.

The dilemmas that I happen to be involved in seem to repeat themselves over and over again; and I don't know how to stop this continuous cycle of fallacies. What really is the right decision to make? If you're asked to give advice on a problem directly related to you, how do you handle it? It's pretty tough. I honestly have no idea if things are even what they seem - they might not even be at all related to me. I tried to give advice pushing aside that little tug at my heart that said that this was partly about me. But giving such an oblivious answer might lead to a decision that ... probably shouldn't be made. But I don't know what else to do. I don't want to manipulate the situation, acting like I didn't intend on it ; I don't want to lie to myself and others.

Maybe I did the right thing, Maybe I did not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment